Comet ISON, C/2012 S1 (ISON): Discovery & Confirmation Timeline, Friday, September 21, 2012.h
. by Anura Guruge
The ‘base’ dates and times straight from the MPC database.
Note how it took just 22.4 hours from start to finish: initial discovery to final confirmation by the two discoverers. Much of this had to do with where it was discovered and when.
Kislovodsk Observatory, in eastern Russia is at UTC-4. When they Vitali and Artyom discovered it at dawn it was only 1.20 UTC. It was the middle of the night in New Mexico. The Russian still had that night — since the discovery was made at dawn. It was all pretty neat.
All of this is covered in my new ISON book.
Tags: Anura Guruge, Artyom Novichonok, book, comet, comet ISON, cometary nature, confirmation, discovery, ISON, Kislovodsk Observatory, New Mexico, observation, path, Remanzacco, Remanzacco Observatory, Russia, time, timeline, viewing, Vitali Nevski
About Anura GurugeSee 'The Blogger' on my https://nhlifefree.com/ blog.
Comet Book By Anura guruge
print $7.50 & ebook $0.99.
Published April 18, 2013.
print $3.80 & ebook $0.99.
Published July 27, 2013.
print $7.00 & ebook $0.99.
Published July 18, 2013.
print $6.50 & ebook $0.99.
SEE BELOW FOR MORE
Anura Guruge The Publisher
Other Anura Guruge Sites
Anura Guruge Books
- ISON Should Make One Final GHOSTLY Goodbye In Mid-January 2014 — Maybe An Annual Ghostly Apparition! Scary.
- 4 New Posts On Comet ISON, Post Thursday Perihelion, On My Main Blog. Please Check.
- Comet ISON, OBVIOUSLY, LIVES. Survives Perihelion. Compromised, But I Expected That. Stream Of Posts On My Other Blog.
- Please Check MY MAIN Blog, nhlife.wordpress.com, For Latest On Comet ISON.
- Comet ISON Movie By NASA As It Approaches Sun And Is Getting Blasted By Solar Radiation. Comet Encke Visible Too.